Thursday, March 26, 2009

Gotta Love The Oilfield

I do blog, but it involves a notebook and pen; I don't type as fast as others.....Laura, Erinn, hell everybody. So anyway, I have been on the Noble Clyde Boudreaux since July and recently transferred to the Noble Paul Romano.
It is a good rig but small, at least to me anyway. I have just spent this last week having my ass handed to me in a; "what do you mean you have never (fill in blank)" or my favorite "how long have you been with Noble?" People, things were a little different on the other rig, like oranges and apples. Anyway, it has been very growth centered learning and a little bit humbling.
So on Tuesday I was informed I am being sent to another rig to help with a end of well BOP pull. Big deal,right? Wrong. Think lots of ass breaking, hurry, hurry work. Oh and little to no sleep for 4 to 7 days, lucky me!
Here comes the whole point of this blog, getting directions from anybody to get to the heliport in Patterson, La. Yes they have a heliport. It begins with an argument, and has ended with .."no man, your sick in the head. You turn RIGHT at the corner with the lightning struck tree that burned down. And then a LEFT past the bayou with the scarecrow dressed like, yep, a roughneck, and follow the road in the cane field. Then when you think you are lost, keep going boy, just keep going. You will see it."
Now at this point, I am thinking, google maps, Ah yes, much better right; unfortunately no. They told me this morning I need to stop by our Bayou Black Yard to pick up another Subsea Engineer. I went there once, but I rode in a company van from Lafayette and slept most of the way. So the logical question is how do I get to Bayou Black? " Well, son, you head towards Bayou Blue but you turn right at the store that them Asians owned but I think they got deported to Mexico....." Bayou Blue? Asians deported to Mexico? I am thinking of Google Maps. Anybody have an address? " Well son, I think..."
Hahahahahahah, man I like these guys.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like typical men to me....they just know the 'general' direction.

TIARA WORLD said...

LOL!! Thats gotta SUCK!! You can always call me, I usually have addresses for all the docks and ship yards :)

How long did it take you to type that?

Joseph said...

I never thought about calling you, thanks that helps.

It took awhile because I created, typed, edited content, retyped and posted.